Accelerator Session on Plastics Programme
9h45 – 10h15 Opening Plenary
- Welcome from Co-Hosts and introduction of the session objectives and moderator
Ambassador Melita Gabrič, Delegation of the European Union to Canada
George Roter, Managing Director, Canada Plastic Pact
- Moderator introduction of the detailed agenda, rules for participants and presentation of Plenary speakers
- Plenary: Framing global and transboundary issues in the implementation of a circular economy for plastics.
Presenter 1: Shardul Agrawala, Head, Environment and Economy Integration Division
OECD Environment Directorate, Paris, France
Presenter 2: Hugo-Maria Schally, Head, Multilateral Environmental Cooperation Unit, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission of the EU
- Introduction of the three concurrent sessions
10h20 -10h25 Transition to break-out session
10h25 – 11h15 Concurrent sessions
Facilitated session introduced by expert discussants with interactive participant discussions to identify barriers/key challenges, best practices and innovative approaches and, gaps and ideas for future efforts.
Breakout 1 – Achieving recycled content goals: what are the supply chain and technology implications and solutions across global markets for recycled content?
- Ton Emans, President, Plastic Recyclers of Europe
- Steve Alexander, President & CEO, Association of Plastic Recyclers
Breakout 2 – Innovative business models for recirculating plastics – What are the leading practices and new business models? What conditions and policies catalyzes and supports them?
- Jose Manuel Moller, CEO & Founder, Algramo, Chile
- Jeannette Morath, CEO and Founder, reCIRCLE AG
Breakout 3 – Influencing within global supply chains: what challenges do global businesses and suppliers face in trying to meet varying requirements?
- Ignacio Gavilan, Director Sustainability, Consumer Goods Forum, Switzerland
- Robyn Collver, Senior Vice-President, Regulatory Affairs and Chief Sustainability Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation
11h15-11h20 Transition to plenary
11h20 – 11h45 Closing Plenary
- Interactive poll of participants
1. Identifying themes and opportunities from the report back, or;
2. Identifying interests in future work in these areas.
- Insights, issues and ideas for moving forward
Nina Bellucci Butler, CEO of Stina Inc.
- Closing remarks: Paulo Da Silva Lemos, Policy Officer, Sustainable Products and Plastics, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission of the EU
- Closing remarks from co-hosts